The North Perth Primary School Parents and Citizens’ (P&C) Association is a highly valued and active part of the school community.
Role of the P&C
The P&C is a formally constituted group of parents and other interested persons established under the School Education Act (1999) to promote the interests of the school through:
- cooperation between parents, teachers, students and members of the general community;
- assisting in the provision of resources, facilities and amenities for the school or group of schools; and
- the fostering of community interest in educational matters.
Though its fundraising efforts, the P&C has contributed significantly to the improvement of the school grounds, air conditioning of the classrooms, building up of library stocks, and purchase of IT equipment. It also takes a keen interest in the discussion of educational issues.
Some of the activities undertaken by the North Perth Primary School P&C include:
- Goonderup Day and Early Childhood Sports Day Sausage Sizzles
- Election Day cake stalls
- Working with North Perth Local community
- Nature Play busy bees
- Crowdfunding campaign for a free-climbing dome
- Campaigning for installation of ‘wig-wags’ and school crossing attendants near the school.
- Book Fair
- Subsidised Reading Eggs access
- Pressing, Bottling and Selling Harvest 6006 Olive Oil from olives donated by the local and school community.
- Creating fundraising products including tea towels, bags, books
- Coordinating parent social functions
P&C meetings are held on Monday 7:30pm in Weeks 3 and 8 of each term. All parents become voting members on paying a fee of $1.00 each year. The P&C Facebook page details the exact dates.
School Grounds & Facilities
The school grounds and facilities include:
- A covered assembly area
- An indoor hall
- Early childhood centres for Kindergarten and Pre-primary
- A new library
- New art and science rooms over looking the oval
- Fitness track
- Adventure playgrounds
- A terraced and landscaped amphitheatre area on the oval
- Free Climbing Dome on school oval
- Nature Play playground
North Perth Primary School has a strong environmental focus, with frequent tree plantings, the creation of water-wise and bird-attracting gardens, and vegetable and herb gardens maintained for classroom cooking lessons. The school is an accredited Waste Wise and Water Wise school.
Many outstanding students have attended North Perth Primary School including Rhodes Scholars and high profile members of the arts, legal and sporting communities.
North Perth Primary School staff recognise that students learn at different rates and believe that their time at Primary School is just one chapter of life long learning. We believe students should have access to a flexible, supportive learning environment and have the opportunity to progress at their own rate of development.